I remember there was a play SnowWhite and 7 dwarfs organized in our school and I was proffered the role of Prince in that.Since I behaved like a dodo, they decided to make me one of the 7 dwarfs,yet again as I was completely expressionless,they changed my role to a mere guard,but even guard needs to show some motion,some attitude,I failed there too.Eventually I ended up being a colorful tree(with no verbalization or motion at all) where I had to stand still for whole of the play at the right extreme corner of the stage.
For that imbecilic role also, I invited my mom,dad, sis, naana,naanee,maama,chachee,pathak aunty etc etc to have a look and trust me, they all came and did congratulated me for the crucial role I played,
When I was a kid,I had only few aims and aspirations in my life:
1.My school bus should overtake all the other buses of our school so that I can tease other fellow kids that my bus is having the best engine.
2. I wanted to reach class 8th as soon as possible so that I can wear Blazers in winters.
3. I desperately wanted to be the Train driver so that I can drive it at a phenomenal speed and thereafter I tend to imagine that I am admired everywhere that SEE this boy, how elegantly he drives.It took me helluva of years to figure out that its not driver desire that decides the speed of the train.
4. If not train driver,I will be another Sachin Tendulkar.Though I lost to him by mere 30,000 International runs only(and still counting),I did tried a lot.Later on, I figured it out that other than Ludo and Chinese Checkers(and these days Cards), I am not good at any sports.
Few misconceptions I had.
1. Amitabh Bachchan is the Prime Minister of India.
2. The universe started at year 0 AD.
3. The best 1: I am adorable
4. I was born near a sewer drain and was crying when my mom saw me in that pathetic condition and cos of her utter sympathy, she brought me home.(my mom's brother story)
5. AC 3 TIER(interpreted TYRE by me) in trains means each wagon has 3 tyres in each side,AC 2 Tier means each coach has 2 tyres in that.No marks for guessing about First AC.
6. If you fall in love with someone, you will die. The reason for this Newtonian myth was the death of Aamir khan in QSQT(Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak).I was so moved that I thought that if u love some girl like Aamir did it in QSQT you gonna die the same way.
Remember 1 story,
One day I came back to my house, heads down with slightly hanging puffed cheeks and carrying a frightened face,went to my mom and asked her straight away:
Me: Mom, do you ALSO think that I am in love with Tanvi(girl next door),everyone of my friend clique says so.
Mom(a bit unsettled): Son, in this world everyone loves everyone(Osho times fundas)see, you love papa, papa loves your sister, your sis loves me...
Me(interrupting before my mum tells how our great great grandfather loved great great grand mom of ours):no Mom, not that love,I am talking about the class of love that Aamir khan had for Juhi Chawlaa in QSQT,that love mom that love.
Mummy(slightly perturbed to my querry) but handled well:son, those who are teasing you, they also love everyone including Tanvi, so you too should love everyone.
At that point of time,I felt utterly disgusting and irritated not because I thought that I will die but because even after dying, the other friends of mine who will also die coz they also loved Tanvi, they will again come in the heaven behind me and will tease me there also.
P.S. just nothing to write so came up with this :(